In today's modern world, every family requires an easy and time-saving method to cook. In that case, they can use OTG ovens for baking food quickly and easily in a fraction of a second. An OTG (Oven Toaster Griller) and a regular oven have many similar features that allow them to cook food with little difference in the end result. The two appliances, however, seem identical but are not and have distinctive features. So, how will you know which one to purchase? Let us walk you through how the two differ.
OTG oven vs regular oven
The Oven Toaster Grill (OTG) cooks meals with heated coils and requires much less setup. An OTG is a must-have kitchen appliance in homes because it can serve both large and small families. The thermostat in the OTGs helps control the temperature, ensuring that the food is properly cooked or heated. This wonderful kitchen appliance can bake a variety of dishes such as cakes and cookies, grilled meat, toast bread, and so on. This appliance consumes little electricity and is a cost-effective oven.
A regular oven on the other hand has a powerful fan and exhaust system that circulates hot air inside the oven to help keep the temperature consistent, making it ideal for multi-rack cooking. Because moisture cannot escape, the air in a standard oven can become slightly humid. Regula ovens create a dry environment in which sugars caramelise faster when roasted, resulting in browner meats and vegetables with moist interiors. Because food cooks quickly and at a lower temperature in a standard oven, it is energy efficient.
What makes OTG ovens better than regular ones?
- Portable: The best part is that OTGs are small and portable that need no additional setup.
- Cheaper: OTG ovens are inexpensive, with prices starting as low as Rs 1,500. On the plus side, investing in an OTG oven allows you to use three different functions simultaneously, eliminating the need to purchase a grill or toaster separately.
- Consume lesser electricity: OTG ovens use less electricity. OTGs contain coils that convert electricity into heat. These coils are installed on the bottom and roof of the OTG to perform specific functions such as grilling and baking. Controlling these heating elements with timers and temperature knobs allows you to get the most out of your OTG.
- Motorised rotisserie: Most OTG ovens come with a rotisserie motor with forks for spit-roasting of meat or vegetables.
- Capacity: OTG ovens are available in capacities ranging from 10 to 60 litres.
- Other benefits: Heat-resistant tempered glass window, adjustable temperature, different heating modes (top, bottom, and top & bottom), and thermostat are added advantages of OTG ovens.
Best way to use OTG ovens
When you turn on an oven, the temperature inside is the same as outside. However, each recipe specifies a temperature for that specific dish. It takes some time for the oven to reach the desired temperature. As a result, it takes some time for the oven to reach the required temperature. Set the temperature, turn on the oven, and wait for it to reach the desired temperature. This 15-20 minute preheating time is critical for baking any dish properly.
In contrast to conventional ovens, you can use metal vessels in your OTG oven for grilling, baking, and even reheating. Because of its 3-in-1 capabilities, an OTG oven can be used to make toasted bread, pizza, cake, cupcakes, cookies, French fries, tandoori chicken or paneer, and a variety of other delectable dishes. With these benefits, it shows that OTG ovens are better in performance and are advantageous when compared to regular ovens. So, opting for one can be a good choice.
If you consider buying an OTG, visit AGARO and choose from the wide range of OTG ovens with different capacity levels available.